Gifts That Make An Impact Now
If you would like to help us continue to create opportunities for our students to learn and grow in the classroom today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
To support Skidmore College’s current work, make a gift online or by mail:
815 N Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can use your donor-advised fund (DAF) to make a one-time gift, or to create a recurring monthly or quarterly gift for even more impact.
You can conveniently initiate a grant from your DAF using the link below. Simply type in the name of your fund sponsor and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of our students? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to Skidmore College, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. In this way, you can double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Skidmore College. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of bringing creative thought to life in our students’ own distinctive ways around campus, in the community, and throughout the world. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000 to all organizations.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Skidmore College.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Skidmore College so it does not count as income for the year.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
You can download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here to start the distribution process. You may also be able to request a qualified charitable distribution through your administrator’s online account portal.
Please note: If you are still working and contributing to a retirement account, this gift could impact your taxable income. Please consult a qualified advisor before making a gift.